New members are welcome to join the Space City Pinball League at any time. To join, all you need to do is show up and play in any Space City Pinball League event.
The league primarily uses our Facebook group to communicate news and events. Visit facebook.com/groups/spacecitypinball/ to request membership.
We highly recommend that all members subscribe to the email list using the form below. We will periodically send emails regarding upcoming events, event results, and general announcements. You can unsubscribe or change your email settings at any time.
ABOUT THE SPACE CITY PINBALL LEAGUE
The Space City Pinball League is dedicated to organizing and promoting tournament pinball events in Houston, TX. All SCPL competitive pinball events in Houston will be posted and documented on the spacecitypinball.com website calendar. All skill levels are welcome! If you would like to create a tournament, or would like to promote an event, please contact the SCPL Board of Directors.
Space City Pinball League primarily hosts IFPA sanctioned tournaments and league series. The objective of the International Flipper Pinball Association (IFPA) is to serve as the governing body for pinball as a competitive sport, through the sanctioning and organizing of events at the Local, State, National and International levels.
The IFPA has created the World Pinball Player Rankings (WPPR) to establish an official rankings system of pinball players throughout the world. Through these endorsed tournaments and leagues, the IFPA crowns the World’s Greatest Pinball Player at the end of each calendar year and organizes championships at State, National and International levels. IFPA endorsed tournaments will give players a chance to increase their WPPR rankings.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The league’s governing body consists of a board of directors who are appointed. Each board member has one vote. Board members share the responsibilities of:
- Directing tournaments
- Submitting tournaments to the IFPA calendar
- Coordinating and updating the SCPL calendar
- Submitting tournament results and fees to the IFPA
- Maintaining positive relationships with operators that host our members
- Promoting league events and maintaining positive relationships with the media
- Serving as administrator and moderator of the league’s social media and chat groups
- Overseeing and updating the SCPL website
- Ensuring players conduct themselves in a civil, respectful manner during SCPL events
- Managing the league’s finances and subscriptions
- Planning and running the annual Space City Open, Women’s Interstellar Showdown and Space City Booth at the Houston Arcade Expo